Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I'm BACK!

Hello my little squirrels !!

I'm back! Sorry for being away too long! my parents were in town and work has been pretty crazy! so what have you people been up too? Just a little update..when my parents were in town, we went to New Orleans and Baton Rouge (where I was born! ) . It was fun seeing my parents college, the place where we used to live and basically walking down the memory lane.. :) it felt weird too because I can't recall any of it! So I was told by my friend to pay a certain cafe, a visit..which is Cafe Du Monde..I was also told that their Beignets is to die for! In case some of you are wondering, Beignets is a pastry made from deep fried dough, much like a doughnut, and sprinkled with powdered sugar or frosting..Beignets is fried dough in French.

Cafe du Monde did not have much on their menu..all they have is Cafe Au lait (hot or cold) and Beignets! The place was packed..! And we went there at 9pm and there's still tons of people at the restaurant! I had a cold cafe au lait and of course Beignets..and it blows my mind how something so simple is sooo good.! so if any of you are going to New Orleans be sure to give Cafe du Monde a visit..

I love New Orleans! its so Frenchy! its like going to France without going to France! There's jazz music everywhere! Would I ever lived in New Orleans..? Probably not..I'm more of Californian rather than Louisianian..I love The Lakers.. LOL!






No comments:

Post a Comment