Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Cake of the week!

Every Tuesday at work we would make our cake of the week,and I was trying to make something fun and fruity.So I flipped thru the recipe baking book that Whitney (my boss) bought me for Christmas just to get some inspiration or maybe just bake something out of the book. Then I saw a picture of white cake with Strawberry Mousselin filing and chocolate ganache and I thought maybe I should make that this week. I told Steve (The Cafe manager,also my boss) that I feel like making something with Strawberry or Raspberry puree in it and he told me I could use the puree from the cafe bar.! I had no idea what we had in that bar until I saw how much puree we have in there! I got all excited thinking there's so many cakes that I wanted to do with that puree!

Anyways..So I decided to make White Bouchan cake, with Strawberry buttercream (with slices of strawberries.) because I don't know how Strawberry Mousselin would work with our ever so frequently changing weather,and the outside would be Chocolate ganache.

So San Diegans what are you waiting for? Head over to Zanzibar Cafe, Downtown for a slice! or two.! ;)


2 comments:

  1. i'm coming sunday!!! is that still this week???

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhhh yeaaah!! im not sure the cake will be there on sunday..but hey if im making new cake on tuesday I'll bring it to you on wednesday! :)

    ReplyDelete