Monday, January 10, 2011

New Year Desserts

Happy New Year to all of you! I hope your new year has been great!

I decided to shut down my old blog..It's like throwing your old journal.

I realized that ever since I have started working at Zanzibar I don't blog anymore..I usually have time to blab or whine or share in my blog about stuff that has been going on in my life,but then it has been so busy at work and I am too exhausted to sit down and type what has been going on. But nonetheless I am truly bless with this job.Anyways enough on that..

As some of you might have known, Me and my friend Anna recently joined Hula moves class. My wonderful Hula instructor Jen, click on the link to read About Jen. She's an awesome Hula instructor! So anyways, Jen told me a months ago that she was allergic to flour and eggs, and few weeks after that she came to Zanzibar with a friend to have lunch there ( I didn't recognize her without her work out outfit :) she can be superwomen and I wouldn't know! ) I usually bring my friends desserts whenever they come to have lunch at Zanzibar,but when Jen came I did not know what to give her because all of our pastries have eggs and flour in them. I feel so bad I couldn't give her anything to enjoy but I gave her a cupcake so she could give it to Shawn (her husband) but later told me that Shawn also cannot eat flour..So she end up giving it to her mother.

At Zanzibar, there's a lot of people who asked us if we make any gluten free or Vegan Desserts..but unfortunately we don't because eggs and flour are essential to baking. I mean there are gluten free pastries out there, but unfortunately Zanzibar do not have that.

On my days off last week I decided to make some research on gluten free/vegan desserts and tell you the truth..there's not much variety out there,and when I look at the ingredients they are so foreign to me! My instructor in Culinary school is French,so naturally we learned a lot about french pastries.

So, Here's to you Jen! and to all of you that have food allergies! I have not found a gluten free/Vegan dessert to make yet, we're still looking and testing. But once we have I will let you know!

<3
brownie bites

No comments:

Post a Comment