Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A trip to Jimbo's!

Morning all!!

As usual on Wednesday morning would be for me and Anna to go for our weekly Hula class..Jen (My Hula teacher) emailed me last week to check out Jimbo's or Whole Foods bakery and see what they have in store (for some who doesn't know Jimbo's and Whole Foods sell grocery that is organic and natural foods) If you guys read my last post,Jen is allergic to eggs,gluten,wheat,soy and milk. My new project is baking something so that people with allergies can enjoy some desserts!

So after class me and Anna went to Jimbo's and check out their bakery section..I must say that they have a variety of desserts that is gluten free and vegan over there..the question is..is it good?
We bought a few desserts to try..

We bought:

Agave vegan gluten free pumpkin zucchini cake

Gluten free pumpkin Zucchini muffin

Oatmeal chocolate chip cookie with walnut

Pumpkin pillows

Dagoba Organic Chocolate

---So here's the verdict...




Pumpkin Pillow:
Truthfully it's dry and I barely taste the pumpkin in it..


Pumpkin Zucchini Muffin:
It's alright but it's not awesome. A little on the dry side.


Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie:
It's dry but it's pretty good for organic ingredients!


Agave Vegan Gluten Free Pumpkin Zucchini Cake:
This is the winner!! It's soooo good!! for gluten free and vegan! it's so moist! and I can taste all of the flavor!

Dagoba Organic Chocolate:
This Chocolate taste feminine! The whole Lavender and Wild Blueberries is totally good!


These are the ingredients :




So I guess good Gluten free Vegan desserts are possible to do. I just need to find a good recipe!

<3,
Brownie Bites

1 comment: