Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Bloody Love me Passion-ly

Whitney ordered some Passion Fruit Puree for us and told me that I can use it to make the cupcakes. Usually on Monday I would make the chocolate Vegan. But then I thought since Passion Fruit and Chocolate both have such strong flavors, I didn't think those two would make a good combination..but this is just my opinion..So then I decided to make the white Bouchan cake and pair it with Passion Fruit Butter cream. And finished them with sanding sugar on top.It turned out wonderfully!

And today I decided to make another White Bouchan Cake for my cake of the week, since I made Chocolate Strawberry Buttercream cake last week, I didn't want to make something chocolate-y again this week. I went over to the bar to see what puree we have and I saw Peach and Blood Orange. I took both puree because I wasn't sure if I wanted to do Peach or Blood Orange Butter cream.I have a little taste of blood Orange puree and I love the tangy taste! Its weird because I don't really like Blood Orange as a fruit but I like it as a puree! Whitney suggested that I should decorate the cake with sweetened shreded coconut. who would have known those 3 combine, it would turned out Great!

And Yes,I use white Bouchan Cake recipe a lot for most of my cake of the week because 1) it's versatile 2) it taste good!

Like I would always say every week...head over to Zanzibar Cafe downtown to get your hands on those cupcakes and Cakes!



White Bouchan Cupcakes with Passion Fruit Buttercream


White Bouchan Cake with Blood Orange Buttercream

2 comments: