Saturday, April 2, 2011

Kellie's birthday cake!




Who would've guess that April come so fast..it seems just like yesterday it was New Year..I CAN'T WAIT TO BE OLD! hahaha! anyways...! I guess winter season is officially over, its time for cute dresses and flip flop to come out and play for spring!

Speaking of spring..yesterday was Kellie's birthday! She's 21 for the 6th time! hehe! In honor of my dear friend I decided to bake her the Birthday cake..! And I told Whitney a lot of times that I was pretty nervous about it..because I haven't done Fondant cake in a long long long long time!

I started making the flowers 3 days ahead as they need to be shaped and dried before I can stick them to the cake and baked the carrot cake a day before. I was also pretty nervous about the weather as its getting pretty warm and icing the cake with cream cheese could possibly fail big time..! But mother nature loves me yesterday! The icing looks good on the cake and I finished the cake by covering it with fondant.Stick the flowers on and with Whitney's fantabolous hand writing the cake is done!

The birthday dinner was at Station Tavern in South Park and I love that place! The burger was awesome! I got to see and hang out with people I haven't seen in a while.. :) good food,good friends, awesome birthday party! I am so happy that Kellie loves the cake! and there were no left overs! woot!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELL BELL!








Happy Birthday Kellie!!

Me and the Cameron sisters! :)

2 comments:

  1. dina, you are amazing! i even blogged about you! ;p check it out >>>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Kellie's birthday cake is amazing. The flowers on it are fabulous. The bash looks successful. I wish I could host such a birthday bash for my mom. I might host whimsical tea 50th birthday party for her, and I will seek one of the prettiest garden LA event venues for the day.

    ReplyDelete